Join the Star of Hope Ministries, Inc. Team!
A Message from Pastor Matt Andersen
At Star of Hope Ministries, Inc., we believe that with passion and purpose, we can help bring about meaningful changes in the cities where we serve. We are an organization committed to helping our neighbors, and we are always looking for passionate individuals to join our team.
Working at Star of Hope Ministries, Inc. is more than just a job. We are committed to providing a rewarding and meaningful opportunity for our team members. Our aim is to create an environment where our team members can be empowered to learn, grow, and make a difference in the lives of those in need.
We invite you to join us in our mission to make a positive impact in our cities. The following employment opportunities are available now. Together, we can make a difference!
The Database Manager provides administrative support for all items relating to the donor database including, inputting donor gifts, producing acknowledgment letters, updating donor records, generating lists for mailings and cultivation efforts, generating reports, and preparing donor annual giving statements. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer.
- Input donor gifts into database
- Produce donor acknowledgment letters
- Update donor records in database
- Generate lists for mailings and cultivation efforts
- Generate reports on gifts, donors, and other donor-related items
- Prepare annual giving statements for donors
- Perform administrative tasks as required by Chief Development Officer.
- Desire to work in an urban ministry
- Detail-oriented, strong written, oral, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in using Client Relationship Management software is preferred.
Ministry Media Intern (Part-Time)
The Ministry Media Intern provides creative and communication support for Star of Hope’s programs and initiatives including photography, videography, editing, graphic design, digital media, digital asset organization and management, and media creation. We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to join our team as Ministry Media Intern. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and posting on social networks
- Preparing and sending weekly e-mail blasts
- Working on Star of Hope websites
- Designing online outreach and promotional materials
- Participating in online outreach and promotion
If you have a strong desire to work in an urban ministry, are detail-oriented, have strong written, oral and organizational skills; some experience in photography, video, and editing; a working knowledge of WordPress websites and Canva; and possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Van Driver (Part-Time)
We’re seeking an individual with the right combination of organizational, logistical, and physical skills needed to handle the fast-paced environment of our Thrift Store operations.
- Picking up incoming clothing, bric-a-brac, and household goods
- Disposing of outgoing goods
- Maintaining an orderly work area
- Current driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift daily
- Desire to work in an urban ministry setting
- Team player
- Detail oriented